Before we get started let's clarify the difference between a Distribution List and a Security Group.
Distribution List - A group that has an associated email address and can be visible in the company's Global Address Book. Examples - Sales, Support
Security Group - A group that does not have an email address and does not show up in the company's Global Address Book. Security Groups would typically be used within SharePoint and FileCloud.
In order to create a distribution list in the BizCom Control Panel please follow these steps...
- Login to the BizCom Hosted Control Panel at https://connect.myhoso.com (or https://portal.cloudany.com for Exchange 2013 users) as a user with admin permissions.
- Click on New Group.
- Enter a Name for your group, a List Manager (optional), select whether this a Distribution List or Security Group, and whether to Auto Add all new users.
- On the sidebar click the Exchange Info.
- Type in the email address you want for your list, whether to Hide From Address Lists, and whether to Only Receive from Authorized Senders.
- Click Create.
- The next screen shows you all of your users, contacts, distribution lists, and resource mailboxes on the left side. Select the users, contacts, and/or groups you want to receive email as part of this group and click the Triangle above the word Available.
- To return to the main Control Panel screen click My Account in the top left.
Once your distribution list is setup please test it to make sure it works as you expect.