Managing Photos or Products using DNN Photo Albums
Posted by Tim King on 07 July 2016 12:30 PM
- Login to your site. See “How to login and logout of your website”.
- Navigate to the page on your site that contains the main photo album module. This would typically be your “Photo Gallery” page or your “Products” page.
- Once you have navigated to the page that contains your main photo album, you will notice a “Manager” link at the top right of the module; click the "Manager" link.
- Once the Manager screen appears for the DNN Photo Albums, you will notice a list of all your Albums. To manage the photos or products in each album, simply locate the album row that you want to manage and click the blue edit icon on the last column labeled “Action”.
- You will then be at the screen where you are managing that particular Album. You will notice in the “Title” field of the Album you are managing. Scroll down until you see the “Photo List” of photos or products that are in this Album. This is where you can manage the photos in that particular Album.
- To edit a photo or product, simple edit the "title" and or "description" and click the "red save icon" to the right under action. You can edit as many photos as needed. Once you are done editing the photos, make sure to scroll back up and click the blue “Publish” button to publish your changes. Once you have published the changes you can exit he DNN Photo Album by clicking the "blue arrow" at the very top left.
- To add a photo or product to the Album; in the “Photo List” you will notice a green “Set photo Images” button. Click that to upload a new photo from your computer.
- Click the “+ Add Picture” tab.
- Drag and drop your photo file from your computer to the “Drop file” area or click that area and select your photo file from your computer.
- After the photo has successfully uploaded (green check on the uploaded file), click the “Picture List” tab and check-mark the photo(s) you just uploaded and click the blue "Submit" button.
- Scroll down the list of your photos and you will notice the new photos. Edit them as needed (step 6) and click the blue "Publish" button at the top right.
- To remove a photo or product; under the “Photo List” locate the photo(s) you want to remove and simply click the red “x” button and confirm by clicking “OK”. Make sure to “Publish” your changes by clicking the blue “Publish” button at the top right.
- To move or arrange your photos in order; under the “Photo List” locate the photo that you want to move and click on the "up and down arrows" that are located to the far right of the photo row. Click and drag that photo up or down to where you want it to be. Make sure to “Publish” your changes by clicking the blue “Publish” button at the top right.
- To exit the DNN Photo Album; simply save your changes by clicking the blue “Publish” button at the top right. Once you have saved your changes, you can exit by clicking the "blue arrow" at the very top left. This will exit the DNN Photo Album and return you to your website. Remember, you are still logged in to your site to make edits.